Lewis Creek Systems, LLC is a management systems consulting firm founded in 1982, providing services in information security, information privacy and security regulatory compliance, business process analysis, organization development, software development, and systems integration.
The Founder and Director of Compliance Services of Lewis Creek Systems, LLC is Jim Sheldon-Dean, a popular speaker and leading figure in the information privacy and security community. Lewis Creek Systems and Jim Sheldon-Dean have nearly three decades of experience serving clients' information handling needs.
Jim Sheldon-Dean is a recipient of the 2011 Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange Award of Merit.
Please see the listing of Upcoming Public Seminars, including conference presentations, seminars, and audio conferences.
Through its own abilities and a set of alliances and partnerships, Lewis Creek Systems offers a complete suite of services related to information privacy and security regulatory compliance. Extensive references are available. Recent experience includes the following...
Information flow and risk analyses, technical security review services, security training, and policy development services for:
- Hospitals (large and small)
- Mental health and developmental disabilities agencies
- Nursing homes
- HIPAA Business Associates
- One of the largest specialty group medical practices in the U.S.
- Employee health plans, including one with special security concerns
HIPAA Compliance Assessment and training services for:
- County governments in New York and New Hampshire
- Multiple hospitals, nursing homes, and mental health agencies
- A major association of mental health agencies, including delivery of assessment tools, policy templates and user training materials
Seminars, training sessions, and presentations for clients and audiences at:
- The American Health Information Management Association national conventions
AHIMA Today story on 2009 presentation on pages 6-7 of Oct. 7, 2009 issue:
- The New York Health Information Management Association (NYHIMA)
- The New York Metropolitan chapter of Healthcare Financial Management Ass'n
- The Health Information Management Associations of New York City, Vermont, and Virginia
- The Connecticut Hospital Association
- The Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania
- The New Hampshire/Vermont Strategic HIPAA Implementation Plan (NHVSHIP)
- Numerous webinars, seminars, and teleconferences; over 60 in 2011
Additional Current and Past Leadership Positions:
- Co-chair of the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) Security and Privacy workgroup and the sub-workgroup on HIPAA Updates
- Advisory Group member and member of the Vermont Health Information Technology Plan Workgroup of Vermont Information Technology Leaders (VITL), a state-chartered non-profit organization facilitating the adoption of new information technologies to improve healthcare in Vermont statewide.
- Member of the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Information Systems Security workgroup.
- Participating member of the Security Workgroup of the New Hampshire/Vermont Strategic HIPAA Implementation Plan (NHVSHIP), involved in the development of guidelines for implementation of HIPAA information security standards.
- Led development team for a multi-user, fault-tolerant, mission-critical satellite communications and control system for a premier satellite communications firm.
- Led the development of commercial software that was a best seller in its category for more than a year and won multiple awards, including best product in its category.
- Vermont Certified EMT and Crew Chief on award-winning ambulance squad for eight years.
Education and Professional Memberships
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Member, American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Member, Healthcare Financial Managers Association (HFMA)
- Member, Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI)
- Member, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Member, Tau Beta Pi and Chi Epsilon Engineering Honor Societies
- Master of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude, University of Vermont